Monday, March 20, 2006

One Very Long Night in Bangkok!


After all of the sweat and tears Im finally doing it! The first thing that struck me was the colorful interior of my Thai Airway plane - purple, crimson and orange seats! My prayers were answered and I didn't end up sitting next to a smelly old fat man - rather an agreeable young pom. Although the flight was bumpy for most of the way and the seats didn't fold back enough to count as lying down, I was comfortable enough and spent most of my time watching music and listening to albums - all provided by the entertainment system on the plane - very technomological. Only took me half the flight to work out how to use the remote control! I arrived in Bangers at 9pm (2am our time argh!). Walking into Bangkok airport is like entering a timewarp back to the 70s in terms of architecture but is interspersed with randomn incidences of technology - such as this overpriced internet cafe! The floor is a fantastic bamboo greeny yellow colour which gives the place a radioactive glow.
I tried to get some kip but failed miserably - the best I could manage is a few hours in a horizontal position in the childrens playground. I have also just discovered that my flight leaves an additional 2 hours later because it is the "summer season" I suspect that there is going to be a few of these surprises as I go along. It is now 6.30 in the morning. I have been up since 4 pacing around with my kiwi bodyclock registering it as time to get up...so just killing time now until the flight to Denpassar, Bali. I will travel for about 2 hours from there to Ubud where, god willing, I will indulge in a shower and a good 100 hour sleep! The picture above and the one below were taken from my makeshift bed...which looked rather like a mass grave with at least 30 souls dossing down together - very cozy!

3 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ma!

I miss you so much already! :(
whenever i think about it i cry. I didn't think i would get this emotional.
Ohhh I miss you SO much!!!!!
ah well sounds like your havin a good time. i cant imagine what its really like over there. Iwish i was there with you.

Miss you heaps

Luv you heaps
Write back xoxoxo

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Peaceful Pilgrim said...

Missing you too Bons but dont be too upset - Im only a postcard away he he ...

Spud - I am thinking of writing a book: Airport Floors I Have Slept On...will be a big book by the time I am finished I think.!

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You wish and dream has come true and bnow to take each day one moment at a time. Thank you for sharing your experience as we can share with you and continue to pray for you.

Enjoy every step of your journey.
Yours inChrist

 

Post a Comment

<< Home