Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ephiphanies

You may recall that my primary reason for undertaking this journey was to find some answers to some important questions. Two weeks in Bali has provided all the answers I need. Here's what I've got to show for my time there:

1. If you have compassion, a little intelligence and a good imagination, you don't need to walk a mile in another's shoes to appreciate their suffering or do something to alleviate it.

2. I can contribute to the world most fully if I am coming from a place of strength.

3. My strength comes from my home, my family and my inner convictions.

4. I was born in New Zealand, a place of priviledge, for a reason - not Africa, not India, nor any where else in the world.

5. It does not matter so much what I do with my life (ie career), what matters is how I do it.

6. I can change the world from my own backyard and all the answers in the world that I need can be found right there.

7. Roughing it and going it alone for the sake of spiritual enlightenment and fulfillment is not necessary. The bulk of my answers came to me in quiet reflection within the walls of a fancy hotel.

8. The journey means nothing unless it can be shared with those you love.

So all of these revelations beg only one question: What the hell am I doing here, wasting time and resources?????? Good Question!!!

If any one wants to find me, I'll be where my heart is: Home.

4 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit late i'm sorry jeremy, I pick her up at AK at 11-00 today.

 
At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it dissapointing that you pulled out, I think you had a good chance of achieving something great but to late now!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Peaceful Pilgrim said...

Does being in New Zealand, with my family preclude me from greatness or acheivement? And why the anonymous comment?

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Peaceful Pilgrim said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home